I am a first year Ph.D Student at Institute for Adaptive and Neural Computation, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh.
I am currently working on visualization and interpretability for machine learning with Charles Sutton.
- University of Edinburgh / Ph.D in Informatics: Machine Learning
Sept 2017 - PRESENT, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- University of Cambridge / M.Phil in Machine Learning, Speech & Language Technology
Oct 2015 - Sept 2016, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of Liverpool / B.Eng in Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
Sept 2013 - June 2015, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University / B.Eng in Computer Science & Technology
Sept 2011 - June 2013, Suzhou, China
- Kai Xu, Dae Hoon Park, Yi Chang and Charles Sutton. “Interpreting Deep Classifiers by Visual Distillation of Dark Knowledge.” arXiv preprint arXiv: 1803.04042, 2018. (pdf)
- Hong Ge, Kai Xu, and Zoubin Ghahramani. “Turing: Composable inference for probabilistic programming.” Artificial Intelligence and Statistics, 2018.
- Kai Xu. “Probabilistic programming in Julia.” M.Phil thesis, August 2016. (pdf)
- Kai Xu. “Turing: a Fresh Approach to Probabilistic Programming.” JuliaCon, 2017. (video)
- Cambridge Machine Learning Group / Research Assistant
Nov 2016 - July 2017, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- DarkSight (website, code)
- Turing.jl (website, code)
- Mobile Robot Control using ROS (poster)
- DBD Plasma Reactor Power Monitoring System
- Wireless Brain-Computer Interface for Game Control (video)